Samstag, 30. April 2016

Chicago

Chicago, Chicago
It has been an absurd long time that I actually went to Chicago, so I might not be able to really recall everything!

Lisa, Nadine, Nicole, Justin and I took an early flight out of Philly - rise and shine, baby! - to land in Chicago early and get as much of Saturday as possible, because we only stayed for one night. We went straight from the O'Hare airport to our hostel suuuuper close to the Wrigley Field.
So after fleshing up for like 5 seconds, we went straight back to town, there was just so much to do and to see! We bought day passes to go by metro everywhere. Although Chicago is known as the Windy City, we were really really lucky! We were able to enjoying the sun with a very slight breeze coming from the lake.
We got out of I am pretty sure the closest station in the actual city center so that we could just walk through town and see as much as possible.
We stopped by the Willies Tower, we went by the very famous Chicago Sign, the very disappointing bean that everyone is talking about but really is not that spectacular(!!), stopped for a photo shoot at the Route 66 sign and went down to the pier. I was even able to convince everyone for a short bike right, which I can only recommend!!

In the evening, Lisa Justin and I went with some super crazy folks to some bars close to the hostel where Lisa was able to show off her amazing vocals at some karaoke.

I can only recommend to you to have some deep dish pizza! We went to Giordanos where we had to wait one hour!!! To even grab a table. But thankfully the pizza itself already takes an hour so they took our order whenever we arrived so that we pretty much had our food right away (amazing by the way!!).

I am very sorry but that is pretty much everything that I am able to recall now.
Wish I could give you more. Maybe next time.

Shirin

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen